Innovative payment solutions for use by retailers, fuel retailers, airlines, local government and travel and transportation operators and go to market through a series of strategic partnerships. Our software can run at the till/payment point, within a kiosk, on a portable device or as a cloud-based service.
Our products support contactless, P2PE, multi-merchant implementations, secure offline processing and cloud deployments.
We have taken remote terminal management to the next level with PayOp, which provides full lifecycle device management, vendor independence, realtime monitoring, analytics and insight.
We are a forward thinking company working at the cutting edge of payments technology. Partners benefit from our extensive experience and comprehensive partner program, whilst merchants benefit from our independence and highly innovative flexible solutions.
Thanks to our close relationships with the international payment brands and test laboratories we help ensure certification projects run smoothly and any issues are resolved quickly.
Our reputation has been built on total honesty, trust and integrity. We focus on providing technical excellence, high performance products and delivering first class customer service.
Here at STS we recognise the values of intelligence and competence; at all times we strive to be thought leaders. As an independent company we can take a long term view and believe in doing the right thing, first time around.
We employ experienced payments professionals and highly skilled software engineers. The success of our company is down to the quality and dedication of our people. These individuals keep us at the cutting edge and continue to develop innovative and market leading products.
The team have a deep understanding of the EMV specifications and processing rules. We work extremely closely with partners and end users in order to continually improve the payments experience.
- 1997 STS was formed
- 2000 Emvelink went live as the UK started its migration to Chip and PIN technology
- 2001 Our first international deployment, which was in North America
- 2002 STS received the prestigious Chip Vendor of the Year award from Visa for its rollout of EMV technology across Europe
- 2005 Touchlink, our contactless payments solution, was launched
- 2007 First mobile payments deployment
- 2008 The official launch of G8 at London's Tower Bridge
- 2011 UK rollout of Touchlink by the World’s largest food service provider
- 2013 Pedlr, our mobile payments integration layer, was debuted at the Retail Business Technology Expo
- 2014 STS became a Product Led organisation, placing a greater focus on the products and solutions our partners want and need
- 2016 STS introduces Point to Point Encryption (P2PE) support
- 2017 Launch of PayOp, a next generation operational management system
- 2017 STS featured in Technology Edition of Parliamentary Review
- 2017 Industry first: Multi-merchant common-use airport implementation
- 2018 Successful Cloud payments summit held at Altitude, London
- 2018 Enhanced G8 offline transaction functionality for on-board operations
- 2019 First deployment of G8 and PayOp in a public cloud to create a scalable, fully-fledged managed payment service